i'm carving erasers like a maniac. Have also tried cutting a sponge mat i have, but i don't like the way the stamp behaves when covered with paint nor the resulting print. Perhaps the sponge should be denser. Will look into that. i also located rubber by the meter and i'm also trying that. But it's a royal PITA.
Being more effective at the computer than with carving tools this is some of the work i've done so far.
- Image 1 original cut out ex#1
- Image 2 area selected for pattern
- Image 3 pattern made square
- Image 4 defined pattern flood fill- not good
- Image 5 seamless pattern same image but made seamless. Note stray pixels on the left hand side and cleaned image on the right.
- Image 6 Seamless pattern flood fill, gradient background. Image rotated 90ºleft.